Aug 8, 2022

On Milestones: Post #500… A link to a Jesus poem

Good gracious. Number five-hundred... 500... D. 

I've had this blog since September 4 2007. It's older than my children, older than the Obama presidency. As I've only written about twice a year the last 7 years-ish, it's been on my mind what to write about for this landmark number post. For awhile, my plan has been to bookend the thing, and make this the last post. A goodbye and thanks for all the fish type thing. But no, sorry. There's still room for a sequel, or another 2 a year. 2022 is already half over. 

I began this post as a believing Mormon. In about 2013 I stopped believing, in 2015 I "came out" as an unbeliever. In 2018 I resigned. I've been coming to terms with the 9 year anniversary of when I mark the fall of my "shelf," trying to find peace in leaving a religion that does harm but also does good. Trying to find the balance between humans being good and being human. 

I still struggle with belief. I think doubt is often healthy, and I try to maintain skepticism of my skepticism. I also still feel tied to the religion of my youth, and the positive lessons and beliefs I gleaned from Mormonism. 

My best friend, Bonz, (who I keep meaning to write a post about what they mean to me (a lot) has a blog of their own, and published a poem I wrote about (more than anything else) Matthew 25:40, the “done to the least of these, done it unto me” verse. 

I desire all to receive it. I hope it makes you feel something, and thanks in advance for reading it. 

https://southprovoprophet.com/2022/08/08/third-fourth-coming/

I hope I continue to grow and learn, I hope I try to love my fellow humans, regardless of whether there’s a savior or not. I believe most of the teachings of the Nazarene, if not his divinity. 

500 down, let’s see where the next 15 years and 500 posts take us :D 


No comments: