Feb 14, 2011

Book 2 of 12: The Strangest Secret


This was a motivational tape we had as hold music at one of my worst jobs ever. I enjoyed listening to the hold music and for some reason decided to buy the book, or have it bought for me, I can't remember which.

In addition to being the shortest book I've read since Mercer Mayer, it was one of the best. Filled with great tips on being successful both in life and sales, I give it my highest recommendation I can. But don't buy it. I'm sure you can find it online very easily.

For those curious, The Strangest Secret is the first spoken word record to go Gold, and is full of great tips that seem cliche, but that's because nearly every self-help and motivational book since takes from its wisdom.

A few gems from the book and it's author:

Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm.

Excellence always sells.

Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.

We tend to live up to our expectations.

It's one of those books that's short enough and good enough that I plan to read it again and again whenever I need a pick me up or have 15 minutes and want to read a whole book of something that doesn't have more pictures than words.

5 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Mark Beckstrom said...

I like little nuggets like this; I also like finishing a book in 15 minutes.

Right now, I'm (still) reading Indispensable by Monday - jury still out (recommended by Mike Washburn)

Love to Tracie and Mobie