Sep 13, 2010

The Muchen föt

For "Drawing for Illustration," our first assignment was to draw a "Muckenfut." That, or a "Slagathor." Slaggy, however, made me think of this. There was no explanation as to what it was, we got to make it up. My first instinct was to draw some sort of creature or monster, and I made a few sketches to that effect. Then I got the idea of a muckenfut, or Muchen föt as I chose to spell it, is some sort of meeting of creatures. Specifically, it is when Deckmar the goblin, Orosinos Troll, Capricork the cantankerous dwarf, Jack the Lopian and Turtle the fairy congregate around a fire in the forest for stories, but the storyteller hasn't arrived yet. That's a Muchen föt. Or, rather,
This is a Muchen föt.

8 comments:

Mark Beckstrom said...

I would like to be a fly on that wall

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

The naughty troll has a very naughty sounding name...just saying...maybe your name change will work better. lol!!

Charlo said...

someone aught to tell capricork that his whale tail is showing.

Austin said...

Dad- There's not a wall, but there is one above the Troll's head.

Heather- I didn't name it, I swear! But yeah, a few creative letter switches and you have a very naughty word, don't you?

Charlo- Do you mean Jack's buttcrack, or the fact that there's a dwarf twisted in half because his creator can't draw dwarfs twisted at 180 degrees?

Jacob I. McMillan said...

Where did you learn to do umlauts? I had a cheat sheet given to me at my old job, that showed me how to do all these: üÿëäïö plus stuff like
™, ®, and ©. If only I could figure out a way to make money off this ability.

Austin said...

I just found a page that had the character I wanted to use (in this cases, the wikipedia article) and cut and pasted.

Ammon said...

Fun illustration. Not at all how I picture a Muchenfut, however.

Austin said...

Not enough mushrooms? You want more mushrooms. We get it, more mushrooms.