Aug 31, 2010

Goodbye, August

You were a very kind August and I'll miss you. I finished Summer semester and started Fall semester while in you. I became a better writer, completed a very late play (collaboratively), I renewed my interest in drawing, I took steps to be better financially, I went home teaching for the first time in about a year, I've made new goals ranging from getting healthier to cleaning the house to reading scriptures every day, my mom came to visit, Morgan called 911. I locked my keys in the car. We had an impromptu trip to Lagoon. I inherited a ring I now always wear on my pinkie, not only because I can't get it off. August. You've been a busy month.

September is rarely my favorite month. Some friends from Nebraska may come to visit but I doubt they'll have as much time to give us as I'd like (the whole time), I'll be in school trying to keep the goals and stay ahead of my 12 credit courseload and almost full time workload, (about 36 hours), my mom and brother and aunt and niece and grandfather and I'm sure others will be celebrating their birthdays, Morgan will be 15 months old, I'll be 341 months, my new hip and knee 6 months, hopefully I'll finish Snow Crash before I have to take it back to the library, all kinds of other unexpected wonderful and terrible things will no doubt come.

And I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time Carly called 911. They call 911 all the time, but the first time is always special. Glad August was such a great month.

Mark Beckstrom said...

You forgot Grandpa V also has a birthday in September.
I hope you will be as good at keeping goals as you have been at setting them.
Let's hope that September is the month when I get a new job!
Love to all.

Austin said...

Ammon: I don't know about they always call 911, I hope not. I never did.
Of course, I had plenty of reasons for Mom and Dad to call 911 for me, so maybe that makes up for it.

Dad: Great googly moogly, you're right. He's been added. Thanks, I hope so too. Yes, I hope so too! Love you back.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I am so glad that August is over. It DRAGS for me!! I want fall to come, please!!!