May 17, 2008

Where do you feel the Rhythm?

For my design class, we have to make an abstract representation of a song, showing understanding of the golden mean as well as visual rhythm, using only 2 or 3 colors.

I'm trying to decide between several songs, I'm guessing it'll be either "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gerschwin, or "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. (2 great Rhapsodies if there ever were)

Tracie suggested I watch the iTunes visualizer for ideas, which has been a great suggestion, and here's one from Bohemian Rhapsody.


If you had to draw a song, what song would it be?

8 comments:

JanB said...

What is the "golden mean"?

Austin said...

the golden ratio, golden rectangle. A shape in geometry that takes place in nature, like in a nautilus shell or in the fibonacci sequence.

HailerStar said...

i'd illustrate 'who wants to live forever'

Anonymous said...

Good Day, Sunshine ~ The Beatles.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Right Here Waiting For You by Richard Marx. Blues and ocean waves.

Kris said...

"Somewhere In Time" from the movie, I picture in my mind the outline of the horizon, beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Charlo said...

"I can't wait to see you again" By Miley Cyrus.... I know your too ashamed to admit that that is what you really want to do, but just do it. We won't judge you.

Mandy said...

I would head towards one of two extremes...classical (Piano concerto 2 by Rachmoniov)...or totally modern and cool, like that "Bleeding Love" song by Leona Lewis or "Mercy" by Duffy.