Mar 11, 2008

Script Frenzy

I've decided to sign up for Script Frenzy, April's script-writing event from the wacky folks at Nanowrimo. (See this post if you don't remember, or want to read more of my brilliance.) One of their steps for making sure I write it is to tell everyone I know. And, since I live in the 21st Century where basic communication is nearly kaput, here I am blogging about it!

Some of you may recall that I did NOT complete the NaNoWriMo, but it was still a wonderful experience for me, and so I hope this will be just as wonderful. (I completed about 40%, or 20,000 words.) I already have some ideas what my script will be about, but a lot can change from here until April 1st. I'm planning on writing a play, but a graphic novel or TV pilot would be really fun too. I may even conduct a poll to see what YOU think I should/could write about. Aren't you excited!?!!!
Here are

The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy

    1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
    2) You may write individually or in teams of two. Writer teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
    3) Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
    4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
    5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.

I always have ridiculous fun when writing anyway, so that last one should be a piece of cake. Since I plan to be a writer, it means (among other things) that I need to write, and NaNoWriMo motivated me extremely (to the extreme), so Script Frenzy oughta do the same. I hereby challenge anyone interested to sign up as well. It's free, there are no prizes, just certificates of completion. If you think you have a script idea sitting in your head, begging to be told, now is your time! the website has lots of advice and help on how to write a script, so ignorance is no excuse.

And, as it is March 11, I'd like to tell Alan happy birthday to a wonderful patriarch of a wonderful family I feel blessed to be included in!

2 comments:

HailerStar said...

I assume you already have a partner or have decided to solo it? If not, I'd be begging you because it's been eons since we've been in the same 'room' writing. *I miss creative writing/playwrighting*
I'm glad you blogged this because I should sign up. I think I signed up previously, a few months ago, but almost forgot about the whole thing.

Austin said...

you should definitely sign up. but yes, i'm going solo. I'm not a very good writing partner/i'm a horrible writing partner, because any idea (except mine) is a stupid idea. (this is only when i'm writing. when i'm READING, every idea (except mine) is a brilliant idea.

but yeah, sign up heather. sign up EVERYBODY!